Classroom Empowerment Grants
Congratulations to our EIGHT 2017/2018 Touchstone Energy Classroom Grant winners and their students! Also, thank you to our 21 applicants from all over our service territory, can’t wait to see yours again next year. The top eight below were chosen by an independent panel of judges, each being awarded $500 for their school year project! Yay for our teachers!
For questions regarding the Classroom Empowerment Grants, please contact Brooke Guthman at (800) 606-1505 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Classroom Empowerment Grants are closed for application for the 2017/2018 school year. Please check back September 2018 to next apply.
1. Leveled Readers for All Readers-3rd/4th Grade Special Education Teacher, James Lockhart of Unity Point Elementary School in Carbondale
2. Reading for Success-Jordan Suits of Carruthers Elementary School in Murphysboro
3. Coffee Crew Cart-Cognitively Impaired Teacher, Christine Thompson of Red Bud Elementary School
4. The Daily Grind-Special Education Teacher, Kayla Bower of Carterville High School
5. Listening Project-K/1st Grade Special Education Teacher, Kelsey Rohrer of General John A. Logan Elementary in Murphysboro
6. 3D Printer in the Classroom-Michele Christman of Christ Our Savior Lutheran High School in Evansville
7. Chick Research Project-First Grade Teacher, Cathy Lay of Tri-C Elementary School in Carterville
8. Science Cart-Eleanor Gillespie of Trinity Christian School in Carbondale
2017/2018 Grant Winner Photos