Classroom Empowerment Grants
It’s that time of the year again, and Egyptian Electric Cooperative is again offering our Touchstone Energy Classroom Empowerment Grants to our local schools within our territory! We are aware that adequate funding for many school systems has been a challenge. Commitment to Community is one of our Touchstone Energy core principles, and we are committed to the communities we serve and want to continue to provide assistance to them.
Eight $500 Classroom Empowerment Grants will be offered and awarded to public and private K-12 schools to help them with projects that will improve educational opportunities for students. An impartial panel of judges will evaluate the applications based on the projects that best serve the purpose of improving the learning environment and/or increasing educational resources for the school. How do Teachers or School Administrators apply? See the Classroom Grant Information and Application Form, and how easy it is to apply! Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. on Friday, November 3, 2017, and the grant awards will be announced by Friday, December 15, 2017. Download from our website, receive from our office(s) or the coming October Illinois Country Living magazine for the application and information. For questions regarding the Classroom Empowerment Grants, please contact Brooke Guthman at (800) 606-1505 or email@example.com. Please share and spread the word!
Thank you to all the 2016/2017 Egyptian Electric Touchstone Energy Classroom Grant applicants, and congratulations to the eight winners and their students! We truly appreciate every one of the educators that went the extra mile by taking the time to apply on behalf of their students. The top eight projects that will be awarded $500 to fund or assist their proposed classroom projects were:
1. Arduino Electricity Kits-Jennifer Cochran of Murphysboro Middle School
2. A Great Place to Grow-Meteicha Green & Michelle Carter of Carruthers Elementary Attendance Center in Murphysboro
3. Build a Robot-Sherry Prange of Trinity Lutheran School in Red Bud
4. Dogfish Shark Dissection-Melissa Purdy of Saint Andrew School in Murphysboro
5. Engineering Enrichment-David Goetting of Trico Jr. High School
6. Education City Supplemental Learning-Dawn Seward of Desoto Grade School
7. Literacy Rotations & Math Stations-Jeri Thoms of Trico Elementary School
8. Drone in the Classroom-Michele Christman of Christ Our Savior Lutheran High School in Evansville
2016 Grant Winner Photos