Annual Meeting Scholarships
The Annual Meeting Scholarships are now live for 2019!
Egyptian Electric Cooperative will be giving (at least) five $1,000 scholarships to college or college-bound students that are members, or dependents of a member. Applicants must return the completed Scholarship Application by application deadline, and attend the 2019 Annual Meeting. The selections will be made by drawing during the Annual Meeting, after the business meeting.
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of Egyptian Electric Cooperative, or is the dependent of a member of the Cooperative who is in good standing, and must have been a member for one year prior to July 18, 2019.
- All applications must be signed by the applicant and parent or legal guardian (if a dependent) and returned to the Cooperative by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 5, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- The applicant, or if a dependent of a member, and the parent or legal guardian must attend the Cooperative’s Annual Meeting at our headquarters, 1732 Finney Road, Murphysboro. The applicant and parent/legal guardian (if a dependent) must be present at the time of the drawing.
- All applicants must check in at the registration table before 6:30 p.m. the evening of the Annual Meeting.
- The applicant must be enrolled, or have applied for enrollment, in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year College, university or vocational school for the Fall 2019 term.
- The scholarship funds will be given directly to the recipient upon verification of enrollment.
- Prior recipients of Egyptian Electric Cooperative Association Annual Meeting Scholarships are not eligible to receive a second scholarship. Prior applicants are eligible to apply.
Applications are available by contacting an Egyptian Electric Cooperative office or downloaded at link above. Contact email@example.com with any questions.2019 Annual Meeting Scholarship Application
Ways to submit your application:
Fax to: (888) 544-8181
Email/scan to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or drop-off to: 1732 Finney Road, Attn: Brooke Guthman, Murphysboro, IL 62966
Seventy-seven scholarship applicants, of the ninety, were present for the five $1,000 2018 Annual Meeting Scholarship drawings that took place. During the evening, due to overwhelming participation, the board of directors elected to award an additional five scholarships, to make TEN. The winners were:
Front: Lindsay Hammel, 2015 Steeleville High School graduate, attending Southeast Missouri State; Joel Rahlfs, 2016 Sparta High School graduate, attending SIU Edwardsville; Kyle Chambers, 2013 Murphysboro High School graduate, attending SIU Carbondale; Calvin Clendenin, 2018 Chester High School graduate, attending John A. Logan Community College; Marshall Brown, 2018 Carterville High School graduate, attending SIU Carbondale. Back: Kelsey Stanton, 2018 Murphysboro High School graduate, attending St. Louis Community College; Elizabeth Koester, 2016 Christ Our Savior Lutheran High School graduate, attending Concordia University at Chicago; Connor Graeff, 2017 Murphysboro High School graduate, attending Monmouth College; Olivia Savka, 2018 Carterville High School graduate, attending SIU Edwardsville; Adam Krisby, 2018 Sparta High School graduate, attending Southwest Illinois College.