Annual Meeting Scholarships
The EECA Annual Meeting Scholarship is now live and open for application through July 5, 2023. Applications will be sent though the schools, as well as inside (page 6) the June Illinois Country Living magazine, a publication that is mailed to all our consumer-members monthly. The digital version, and eligibility is below.
2023 EECA Annual Meeting Scholarship Application
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of Egyptian Electric Cooperative (EECA) or is the dependent of a member of the Cooperative who is in good standing, and must have been a member for one year prior to July 13, 2023.
- The applicant must be enrolled, or have applied for enrollment, in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational school for the Fall 2023 term.
- Application must be signed by the applicant and parent or legal guardian (if a dependent). Proof of college registration for Fall 2023 should be included with application.
- Verification of enrollment could include a payment installment, copy of school schedule or equivalent proof. If proof of college registration is not provided with the application, winners will have until July 26, 2023 to produce verification of enrollment or scholarship award will be passed on to alternate recipient.
- Applications and proof of enrollment must be returned to EECA by 4 p.m., July 5, 2023. Applications will be accepted by mail, fax, email or by dropping off in our after-hours dropbox.
- Prior annual meeting scholarship applicants are eligible. Prior scholarship recipients are ineligible.
- The Annual Meeting will begin at 6 p.m. Scholarship drawings will take place live following the business meeting. Attendance for student and parent or legal guardian (if a dependent) is mandatory. Scholarship funds will be sent directly to scholarship winners in the mail.
To view additional information on the Egyptian Electric Cooperative Annual Meeting, visit here. For questions regarding the scholarships, please contact Brooke at (800) 606-1505 or email@example.com.
2022 Scholarship Winners – 62 applicants, ten (10) $1,000 scholarships were given to our winners!
- Mollie Biggs, 2022 Agape Christian High School Graduate, attending SIU Carbondale
- Benjamin Hyink, 2021 Carbondale Homeschool Graduate, attending Bob Jones University
- Aren Abell, 2020 Graduate of Murphysboro High School, attending SIU Carbondale
- Harris Ehlers, 2022 Trico High School Graduate, attending Arkansas Elite Welding Academy
- Lilli Robinson, 2020 Murphysboro High School Graduate, attending SIU Carbondale
- Kory Benhken, 2020 Trico High School Graduate, attending University of Illinois
- Kody Benhken, 2022 Trico High School Graduate, attending John A. Logan Community College
- Madison Falkenburry, 2022 Murphysboro High School Graduate, attending John A. Logan Community College
- Corbin Guthman, 2019 Murphysboro High School Graduate, attending Southeast Missouri State University
- Mitchel Gale, 2022 Trico High School Graduate, attending Southeast Missouri State University
Front Row (L-R): Corbin Guthman, Mollie Biggs, Madison Falkenburry, Lilli Robinson, and Aren Abell. Back Row (L-R) Kory Benhken, Kody Benhken, Mitchel Gale, Harris Ehlers, and Benjamin Hyink.