Annual Meeting Scholarships
The 2018 Scholarship Entry is OPEN for application until July 6, 2018!2018 Annual Meeting Scholarship Application
Egyptian Electric Cooperative will be giving five $1,000 scholarships to college or college-bound students that are members, or dependents of a member. Applicants must return the completed Scholarship Application by application deadline, and attend the 2018 Annual Meeting. The selections will be made by drawing during the Annual Meeting, after the business meeting.
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of Egyptian Electric Cooperative, or is the dependent of a member of the Cooperative who is in good standing, and must have been a member for one year prior to July 1, 2018.
- All applications must be signed by the applicant and parent or legal guardian (if a dependent) and returned to the Cooperative by 4:00 p.m. on application due date of Friday, July 6, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- The applicant, or if a dependent of a member, and the parent or legal guardian must attend the Cooperative’s Annual Meeting at our headquarters, 1732 Finney Road, Murphysboro. The applicant and parent/legal guardian (if a dependent) must be present at the time of the drawing.
- All applicants must check in at the registration table before 6:30 p.m. the evening of the Annual Meeting.
- The applicant must be enrolled, or have applied for enrollment, in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year College, university or vocational school for the Fall 2018 term.
- The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the recipient upon verification of enrollment.
- Prior recipients of Egyptian Electric Cooperative Association Annual Meeting Scholarships are not eligible to receive a second scholarship. Prior applicants are eligible to apply.
Applications are available by contacting an Egyptian Electric Cooperative office or downloaded at link above. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Ways to submit your application:
Fax to: (888) 544-8181
Email/scan to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or drop-off to: 1732 Finney Road, Attn: Brooke Guthman, Murphysboro, IL 62966
Fifty-five scholarship applicants were present for the six $1,000 2017 Annual Meeting Scholarship drawings that took place. The winners were:
• Hadley Ehlers, 2016 graduate of Trico High School, attending Kaskaskia College
• Dustin Engelhardt, 2017 graduate of Pinckneyville High School, attending Rend Lake College
• Joseph Jeralds, 2015 graduate of Hill Top Academy, attending Greenville University
• Noah Baird, 2016 graduate of Murphysboro High School, attending Wesleyan University
• Ashley Stokes, 2017 graduate of Trico High School, attending Rend Lake College
• Michael Smith, 2015 graduate of Pinckneyville High School, attending SIU Carbondale